
The highlight of our trip to Beijing was climbing the Great Wall. There are many places to climb the Great Wall. They have an inner wall, just in case the enemy passed the first wall. This wall is the outer wall called Balading. It is over 2000 years old and was a protection to China from its Northern Enemies. The wall is no longer surrounding China because of deterioration and location.

View of the Wall we climbed.

Ron likes to mess around.

We were always cold, until we climbed the Great Wall!!!

After the climb with some good friends.
2 comments:
Looks AMAZING!
I am so GLAD I am at Sara's waiting for her two boys to enter into this world. I enjoyed reading and seeing pictures! I am doing well, feeling good, and going home on Dec 15. Then headed up north for Christmas and New Years. Came to southern CA for Thanksgiving, Sara spent time in the hospital having contractions, and is now on bed rest for the rest of her pregnancy. I got the honor of staying with her, her house is too big, I hate the stairs, but like being here with Mike and Sara. I will be glad when Jack and Lincoln finally make it (Sara too!)
Happy Holidays to you! Hope you dont get too home sick for the Christmas lights, and family. I remember it being a very exciting and sad time when we were away for Christmas.
Love to you both.
Call me soon, I disconntected the home phone so call me on my cell.
Or email me at webster445@hotmail.com and Sara will give me the message.
Lois
Post a Comment